Safety Announcement for Parents and Community
· The Bremond ISD Board of Trustees will take the necessary action at a special board meeting during the first week of August to approve Bremond ISD’s participation in the Guardian Program. The program will allow certain members of the staff to be armed in order to protect our students. The selection, vetting and training process will follow immediately following this action.
· We are also currently working with the Bremond Police Department in an effort to add a full-time resource officer at the school. As most of you know, finding and keeping officers in Bremond has been an issue in the past.
· We already have an existing policy that requires all of the exterior doors to be locked during the school day. All classroom doors will also be locked this year during class.
· We will have regular audits of outside classroom doors and other safety procedures, as well as safety drills and training.
· In short, we will be beefing up our safety and security at the school. This will be a learning and changing process and we appreciate your patience and support as we navigate the new changes.