Security Changes at Bremond ISD
With the recent events at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, we will be taking steps to secure our school here in Bremond. We are working closely with state and local law enforcement to develop a plan that will make our school and your kids as safe as possible while they are in our care. While the development of this plan will be an ongoing process, the following things will be done when we return on January 7th. These things are necessary to increase security as well as prepare our campus for an emergency situation.
- The only doors that will be unlocked for students to enter will be the high school parking lot entrance and the cafeteria entrance. Students will not be allowed to enter any other doors. These doors will be locked at approximately 8:15. Any student who arrives at school after the doors are locked will need to enter through the administration office.
- Parents may park in the parking lot at the cafeteria entrance and walk their student to the entrance door. Parents will not be allowed to walk their student to the classroom. If a parent needs to visit with a teacher, that parent will need to call the appropriate office and set up a meeting during the teacher’s conference period.
- All visitors must enter through the administration office where they will be directed to the appropriate secretary. Teachers and students will be prohibited from opening the doors for any visitors.
- The curbs that are painted red are a FIRE LANE. These lanes need to be clear for all emergency response vehicles. We will start towing these vehicles and/or having these vehicles ticketed. If disaster strikes, any vehicle in the fire lanes could be disastrous. We have visitor parking at both the elementary and the high school office.
- Students have been practicing emergency drills including lock down procedures, tornado and fire drills and will continue to practice these drills when we return from the break.
- While these measures may seem extreme, it is imperative that we do everything to make our school as safe as possible. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions about school safety you are free to call the office and set up an appointment to visit with me.
For The Safety Of Our Children,